THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Release

Grab me and squeeze, till your faded knuckles ache and seize,
from sheer exhaustion and fear.
Death grip unyielding, afraid I'll disappear
into the past of your rearview mirror.
Your arms snake around my middle,
While you gaze at me expectantly, secretly praying for an abrupt giggle,
Or some indication that your talons aren't puncturing my lungs.
But I give you none.
I stare blankly, through empty air, my hair hiding the truth of my shame.
That I crave to hear the pop and fizzle of your passionate chant of my name: "Serena.....Serena."
Even though I don't feel the same. 
But hindsight is 20/20,
and very soon you'll realize you never loved me.
I was simply a diversion to this excursion called your life;
an exotic art to unfold.....a beautiful release--
fuck your daily strife.
(Or maybe just a pretty piece of ass that made your dick hard).
Although, time will only tell just how much your soul is scarred.
Now release me,
and move on.

5 comments:

MoPoDC said...

Damnnnnn!! You should perform this one.

Serena said...

Thanks, Maurice! Yeah, it might be real hot, huh? I love this one, too! What are you working on? When you hittin' up BB and Poets again? I'd like to go in a couple weeks or so if I can! I would do this one, and "The Cove" or "It's Eleven."

MoPoDC said...

Right now, I am trying to learn my latest poems by heart and still get over this fear of performing in front of people. Then we will start shooting for the Book on DVD project.
I saw your video today. I was trying to send it to my YouTube account, but Andrew internet was down at the time. I will send you both copies. I recorded you and he recorded you from his HD camera and you look & sounded great on both.
I will see him on Tuesday because we are working on promoting the 2 Term Dream Poem. Andrew has some nice equipment to make the things he filmed look like a video from MTV or something.

Serena said...

OMG, I'm excited to see my video!! I hope I didn't look stupid :) Let me know when you have it!!!! And as for your fear of performing in front of people, what I have realized is that it's about allowing yourself to be vulnerable in front of people. That's hard for people to do. One piece of advice is to let go and just read it as you want people to feel it. If it's a happy piece, be energetic. If it's a sad piece, let that saddness creep in. And be sure to look at the audience, even if you're reading. Looking up to the audience will connect you with them.

Unknown said...

OMG! I just found your poetry. It is AMAZING!